Wednesday, July 16, 2014

Book: The Signature of All Things

When you are a heiress of a big fortune wealth, a pioneer scientist of a small world like moss, an adventurer of your own life, and an inventor of goodness in your family, then you must be very lucky. But life was certainly not a linear thing for Alma Whittaker despite all positive qualities she might have. She had a lonely life, a loveless marriage and a problem with her appearance. She had tried to move out from her comfort zone, only to find the 'real life' and 'truth' for herself. 

This is what I call a process of balancing and reinventing a wheel. I experienced my own journey many years ago with geopolymer issue on hand. However, this erratic and antic material has given me many opportunities to improve myself and find my own strength. I, eventually has a courage to tell myself that I have grown as a person and become a strong minded person, but resilient in the same time. Have I found my own positive qualities through the hard process? I hope, so!

So, a book of The Signature of All Things, is another magnificent story about Alma's adventure to find herself. In my opinion, this book is more engaging than Eat, Love, and Pray by the same author, Elizabeth Gilbert. Perhaps, because I like to be a botanist myself, or perhaps Alma's thirst for knowledge is more admirable. 

I recommend this 700 hundred pages book for anyone who loves adventure, science and and history in a fiction genre.

Pekanbaru,

No comments: