Saturday, October 6, 2012

Reading

Reading is my favorite activity while waiting. I like non-fiction, such as motivational, psychology and finance books. I just can enjoy the fiction books when I am at home. That's my exquisite indulgence.

Reading books while waiting in public is getting rare here. People prefer to work on their gadget or doing BBM. They can't stand any minutes to read books in public. In contrast, Western people read a book without time and place limitation. As avid readers, they usually have a stack of books in their bags.



Strangely, I read a lot when I am in public, especially in waiting areas or public transportation. I couldn't get the same spirit when I read the non-fiction books alone at home. It always end up with a blur vision and a loud snoring, without having a chance to finish even a chapter!  While in public, I could finish a chapter or a book without hesitation. I guess, the crowd and the surrounding environment are helping me to awake and stay still to finish the books. 

So I know now, if I want to read a difficult standard method for testing, I have to go outside, sit in public and enjoy it!

Although e-book readers are handy, I still prefer reading a printed book. There is a different sensation when I hold the book, read the lines, turn the pages or even smell the new book's scent, rather than read the words only from a screen. 

Happy reading,

Pekanbaru

2 comments:

Mayya said...

Justru terbalik ama aku mbak, klo di tempat ramai, aku gak konsen hihihi...
Salam kenal dari Emak2Blogger Pekanbaru yak!

Monita Wibisono said...

Itulah mbak, kalo rame malah enak baca-baca... jadi sangat konsen:)