Sunday, June 8, 2014

My meaningful friendship

I would say, in my life, I just have a few meaningful 'friendships'. I learned with time, high quality friends are the people who make me feel comfortable as myself!

A high quality friendship has some characteristics, such as mutual, supportive, acceptance, dependable, etc.  I consider 'mutual' is one quality of a good friendship. It means, we don't mind sharing thoughts, ideas, time and sometimes possessions.

I also think, 'supportive' is important. With my good friends we support each other plans and achievements. None of us have felt threatened or depressed with one's achievement, or in reverse, pleased with another desperation. We also remind ourselves to stay honest, accountable and humble in every way.
I share this kind of understanding only with a few people in my life. I know they'll be always have my friendship and we'll always be supporting each other. This is also a type of friendship that I have with my dear hubby.



I think the most important thing about a meaningful friendship, is the way you feel about yourself when you're with your friend. If you don't feel comfortable about the situation or feel awkward about things you have said, then, it is not a meaningful friendship. It is not meaningful because you don't feel appreciated or accepted.

A meaningful friendship is also let you flourish and make you become a good person in the long term. When it feels that you slightly change into a weird/bad personality after having a friendship with someone, then you must keep distance with such a person. The person might be not a good influence for you and your reputation. The friendship itself is not worthed to be kept. However, sometimes we just let ourselves to keep this type of friendship because we just want an approval from our friend. But, why is this important to get an approval from someone, when we unconsciously sacrifice our own moral standard?

I learned a lot about this type of friendships from some friends in my life. I did have a meaningful friendship but I have a lot more not meaningful one. Furthermore, I didn't regret my friendships with them, but I think it is the way life has taught me a good lesson: "good friends will let you flourish and be yourself around them".

Pekanbaru,

No comments: