Sunday, November 25, 2012

Water Ball


I am collecting water glass balls.


 

Started with my old London plastic water ball ten years ago, now I’ve been collecting over 12 balls from different countries. It is just interesting to see the miniature inside them, which represent local features and landmarks. When the ball is shaken, all glittering fragments are spreading over the ball to create a nice impression. 


It is not too expensive. You could get a 4cm diameter ball for around $6.00 in any local souvenir shops. It is quite risky to buy something bigger than that. It is not only difficult to put  a big size ball in a cabin luggage, but also cannot be placed on a hand luggage due to water restriction in a plane cabin. 

My favorite one is a ball from New Zealand. It has a little tiny sheep carries the NZ flag. The second favorite ball is from Puerto Rico, Caribbean. It came from a very far away place and my friend brought it as a souvenir for me. The third favorite, is the ball from New York City with heaps of skycrapers and small Liberty statue in it. 

I am waiting for more water balls from various places in the world. Will you send me one, please?

Pekanbaru,

No comments: