Thursday, December 27, 2012

Imported Books

Feel a little bit sad because I couldn't get any access to a world-class library such as at Curtin University anymore, I decided to start collecting high quality books on my own.

In the past, I used to borrow more than 20 books and DVDs from Curtin U library twice a month. Once I've borrowed over 100 items. I felt so rich to see those collection in my study benches for another few months. I borrowed everything, ranging from scientific to self-help books, even those Donna Hay's famous cookbooks! I really grateful to find the book, so I could finally bake my favorite 'Madeira Cake'.

Since I have got to buy my own imported books now, I think it is handy to get them from imported bookstore at the airport. To be honest, I prefer to read more imported books than translated books from local bookshops. It makes more sense, since it is delivered in its own native language. Instead of helping me to enrich my vocabs, brushing my sense, it is more enjoyable to read something in English. A book is more understandable when it was written in its original language

It is also a great pleasure to search for a book that is not easy to find of. For example, I've been wandering around some airports to get the English version of 'The Geography of Bliss' by Eric Weiner in the last few months. I never stop to ask the shopkeeper about the book. I guess it is a kind of challenge for me, because you'll never know when and where you gonna get your favorite book! This could makes the whole trip feels great.

I know it is not a cheap project, such as to collect all my favorite imported books through any bookstore in the airport. However, by buying things in increments for something you could enjoy in a longer time, shouldn't make any fuss, especially when I feel more energized, positive, and inspired after reading them. All I have to do is to buy 2-3 books and finish them before another trip to the airport!

Pekanbaru,


2 comments:

Haddori Amma said...

novel yg import koleksi juga Mon?

Monita Wibisono said...

Ga koleksi banget, do. Aku pilih-pilih author juga, kayak Paulo Coelho, Michael Chrichton...