Sunday, December 8, 2013

Simplify Your Options

I came across this idea many years ago. 

I observed one of our technician at Curtin Uni Lab, who follow such a strict working and exercise schedule every day. He looks terrific, such as healthy, happy and content with his work. I thought he must have a secret.

It was not comfortable to ask him about the secret. But I managed to get it somehow.

His secret is based on his routine lifestyle. He didn't see it as a boring routine, but a way to maintain his performance at work by building up strength during exercise straight after work every day. He spends about a one-hour session in a gym and goes to sleep before 9 pm every workday.

He told me it is essential to set priorities. 

Just pick one-two aims and work on it until you get satisfying results. Don't opt too much, because it can switch your attention and tend to become multitasking. 

But, aim to minimize your option to achieve the long term goal. Do it religiously and continuously. Eventually, you're going to crack the shell (read: the wall).

I translated his words as simplifying our options in life. 

When we want to achieve our aims in life, I shouldn't do too much brainstorming and get exhausted with those ideas. I could lose momentum and fail to start it. 

Instead, I must pick the most doable option and apply it devotedly. Work consistently on our choice. Soon, we will see the difference and get an assurance because of the progress. 

I could see his method works very well with him. 

This was encouraging me to do a meaningful assessment of my options and stick to my limited choice tirelessly to gain more results. 

Who could focus and spend extra effort will win.

Pekanbaru,



No comments: