I came across this idea many years ago.
I observed one of our technicians at the Curtin Uni Lab who follows a strict daily work and exercise schedule. He looks terrific, such as healthy, happy, and content with his work. I thought he must have a secret.
It was not comfortable to ask him about the secret. But I managed to get it somehow.
His secret is based on his routine lifestyle. He didn't see it as a boring routine but as a way to maintain his performance at work by building up strength during exercise straight after work every day. He spends about an hour in the gym and goes to sleep before 9 pm every workday.
He told me it is essential to set priorities.
Just pick one or two aims and work on them until you get satisfying results. Don't opt too much, because it can shift your attention and lead to multitasking.
But aim to minimise your options to achieve the long-term goal. Do it religiously and continuously. Eventually, you're going to crack the shell (read: the wall).
I translated his words as simplifying our options in life.
When we want to achieve our aims in life, we shouldn't spend too much time brainstorming and get exhausted by those ideas. I could lose momentum and fail to start it.
Instead, I must choose the most feasible option and apply it diligently. Work consistently on our choice. Soon, we will see the difference and gain assurance from the progress.
I know that his method works very well for him.
This encouraged me to conduct a meaningful assessment of my options and to stick to my limited choice tirelessly to achieve better results.
Those who can focus and work harder will succeed.
Pekanbaru,
A lecturer, an engineer, a learner, a researcher, a reviewer, a traveller, an adventurer. Love plans and plants.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
-
Semoga ini bisa jadi point untuk introspeksi diri bagi diriku dan teman-teman lain. Kuakui, diriku kadang suka sombong, padahal tidak memili...
-
Perth termasuk tempat beriklim Mediterranian, maksudnya memiliki musim panas yang kering dan curah hujan tinggi di musim dingin. Monaco, Rom...
-
Soal kucil-mengucilkan ini sering kita alami, kan? Kadang-kadang hati jadi panas membara mengingat perlakuan tidak adil dari teman-teman ata...

No comments:
Post a Comment