Monday, June 22, 2015

Share something meaningful to other people

I got a bouquet of tulip from one of former student when I arrived in Amsterdam last February.

That was a very nice gesture because of two things:
First, to receive a bouquet of tulip buds from Netherland, a country which is famous with tulip, was totally impressive!
Second, to honor me as a former lecturer and my arrival in Netherland, which was really meaningful. 

So, I brought that bouquet back to Indonesia. In the next few days, the flowers have been blooming, until they look like in this photo:



It was really difficult to keep them cheerful and beautiful in this hot-humid tropical country for a very long time. 

I kept them in an a-con room, but it wouldn't be long before they have started to shrink and decay. 

I cannot imagine how I could make it more meaningful now. 

To honor this beautiful memory, I got an idea. 

I gave some stems to current students, who were cheerfully kept the flowers for another few days. 

Some of them even kept the flowers in the fridge. This was very thoughtful. 

But, the original idea was not to extend the age of those flowers to make it more meaningful. 

I just simply wanted them to touch the tulip! To make them feel the tulip is real... the tulip does exist!

It become more meaningful now if this could be a motivation for them to work hard on their projects so they could finish them with a flying colors... 

or, to start planning to study in Netherlands or everywhere in the world.

Insya Allah,

Pekanbaru.

No comments: