Sunday, June 28, 2020

My 40yo thing (throwback)

My 40th a few years ago (in 2015), and I was very excited. 


My 40th bday red velvet cake.
This is a special milestone for a Muslim, since 40yo is the age of reaching full maturity (Al-Ahqaf 15).

This is the age... "when we're older than young but younger than old (mid-life), when we're looking forward for a major accomplishment in life, when habits developed now typically stay with us, and when we're ready for a real mission in life..."

I celebrated my 40th with family (hubby, mom and dad), 

and my students (final year project, KP, PKM, mahasiswa mengulang, bupati HMTS... haha), some ex-students (thank's Virdy, Yulia, Winda), also with my dear friend, Leni, yesterday.

Thank's for coming to my bday, everyone, and marked that important milestone together with me.



++++++++++++

That's what I wrote on my wall for many years ago. 

It was an expression of gratefulness, happiness, hope, and also submission to Allah, the Almighty. 

This is the age where I must think every decision and action carefully, including the consequences, so I won't regret it or cause any sequence effect in the future.  

When I invited the students to my small party, I thought they would come, eat and leave the house quickly. But then, they enjoyed the gathering and started to chat with their friends at home. Some of them interviewed my parents and talked to them about me. They just gave my family some ideas on how I was at the university.


Thanks for the special present

Thanks for coming everyone.

Actually, I just didn't want to celebrate my birthday alone this year. It will be fun if we could celebrate it surrounded with people that we like and enjoy to be with. 

It was a nice one. Alhamdulillah. Thank you, Allah:)

Pekanbaru 2015
Pekanbaru 2020



No comments: