Wednesday, December 5, 2012

Pasembur

On my last trip to Penang, I tried a very famous Moslem Indian's rojak called Pasembur. 


There were so many dishes that we could add to our plate, such as prawn fritters, sausages, cuttle fish, fish balls, tofu, fried lungs and fried prawn. I've been overwhelmed by so many choices. 


Besides, I couldn't figure how it taste when we mix them altogether. Also, what sort of sauce that would be fit for all dishes.  
 
When the plate has finally come to our table, I was excited. 

A thick orange nutty sauce was served over the ingredients. Chopped cucumber, turnips and bean sprouts were spread on the plate. It looks appealing. I can't wait to taste!


So, the sauce was quite sweet but surprisingly, it was well-blended with the crispy dishes. 

Along with crunchy bites from prawn fritters, fried prawn and vegetables, pasembur gave a different sensation to a traditional rojak. 

Few minutes later, two of us finished the pasembur. It was a light meal and considerably exotic.


Pekanbaru

No comments: