Thursday, October 4, 2012

Sticky Fried Rice Ball

On our way to My Tho, Mekong Delta river, from Ho Chi Minh City, the bus has stopped at a nice big restaurant. 
Other delegates took the chance to had their breakfast or bought some snacks. 
Me and hubby just went around to take pictures of garden landscape. 
Suddenly, my eyes caught this brown air filled ball in one corner. 
I was so curious. What's that?

Glutinous rice ball
Fortunately, there was a demonstration of preparing this huge ball. 
So I could stay there for a while to record the whole cooking process.  
It was quite suspense. I was so worry the ball explode unexpectedly. 
You could see the making of it on http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bDl5bh_rb3E

FYI, the biggest sticky rice ball was made for a world record in 2009 with a diameter of 60cm and height 45cm. 
The ball can be served with roasted chicken or fried fish. 
Of course, you need to beat it up down and cut it up to eat the ball. 

Pekanbaru,



No comments: