Monday, May 25, 2015

With every privilege, comes responsibility and challenges


I realized the meaning of the title a few years ago, when I finished some service/business trips for the University. 

It means, for every single thing I've done using the university money or public money, means, 

I have to give it back to the people and uni by sharing knowledge, changing mind-set or improving system.  (responsibility)

and,
it's not easy, because what I've learned at the training/meeting/seminar, mostly something relatively new or not applicable at some level at my workplace. (challenge)

So, then we need to socialize the ideas by doing presentation, discussion, persuasion, and even lobbying some senior colleague to help communicating the knowledge to other colleague.

It is difficult for me to accept the notion that the scholarships, service/business trips, grants, or other type of funding are merely an access to use public money without any responsible product return to the public. 

We must do the best and remind us always that:

"the consequences come with the authorized privilege shouldn't let us forget that we have responsibility to use the opportunity wisely. 

We must return the favor to the public, by providing, working and servicing them through our profession, since they are most eligible party who supposed to get a maximum benefit from our privilege."

And now, I'm wondering the same things, for everything that I've got from Allah...

Pekanbaru,

No comments: