Friday, June 21, 2013

When their happiness is definitely yours


Many years ago, I met a friend who’s just lost his dad a few days before. It was very sad to see his condition. I asked about his feelings and what he remembered most about his dad. He admitted that he was very sorry since he hasn’t made his dad proud of him, yet. I was just left speechless.

I didn’t know when exactly I started to suppress my selfishness towards people around me, especially my parents. I made my parents disappointed more often than I could remember. But they, as parents, they are still trying hard to make me happy; despite of my ego that might frequently hurts them.  I was stricken to the fact that I experience the same ‘unconditional and unselfish’ affection to my sister and hubby. That’s how I learned the hurts that my parent’s must bear as a consequence of their sincere love to me.

It is clear now why my friend regretted himself when his dad passed away. He learned to understand that his dad happiness was his, too, while his happiness might not be his dad’s. And what is more important that return daddy’s love by making him proud~ or making him eventually happy?

I saw another friend who is trying making her dad happy everyday in her life. She never was being selfish and so generous to her dad. If it is possible she wants to bring his dad to some places in the world and make sure the daddy got the best service to ease his pain when he was ill. Her life is definitely fantastic now. She's so inspiring.

As a child, we must respect and love our parents. Our own happiness sometimes doesn’t count when they’re not happy with our decision. We acknowledged our misery and accused them of being selfish if they want the best things happen for us. So, why do we need to make them disappointed with our choices that sometimes cannot accommodate everybody’s happiness? Why we must opt our own happiness and let them in despair?

Actually, there is a secret behind our eagerness to make them happy. 

When we are sincerely opting for parent’s happiness in a good way, we will feel much more happier and have a better life. The parent’s happiness will be secretly counted as a devotion that can bring Allah blessings in our entire life. I think this is what happened in my second friend’s life.

To sum up, that’s why their happiness is definitely ours.

Pekanbaru,

No comments: